Summer is among the best times of the year to visit and explore the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It would be quite simple to plan a trip to this place with Capital Timeshare. Capital Vacations is a pretty prominent timeshare brand, and aims to deliver amazing travel opportunities. One can plan a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains with their family, friends, partner or even travel solo.
Capital Timesharediscusses the things to do during summertime at the Great Smoky Mountains
There would be a lot to see and do in the Great Smoky Mountains in the summers, especially as the weather stays cool and there are many activities to enjoy the outdoors. The charming forests in the region provide shade on especially hot days. Moreover, there are over 2,100 miles of rivers and streams at the park, making it easy to get respite from the sun.
Here are a few of the common activities one can enjoy at the Great Smoky Mountains during the summers:
- Hiking: Summers is the perfect time to strap on the boots and go for a hike in the Great Smoky Mountains. The trails here are perfect for adventure, while the weather stays warm and near-perfect. The forests are lush and green during this time, while the wildlife is out and about. A lot of trails are also lined with beautiful wildflowers during the summers.
- Backpacking: There are more than 100 backcountry campsites at the Smoky Mountains National Park. Hence, it would be fairly easy for people to go for a multi-night adventure in its wilderness. Backpacking at the Great Smoky Mountains would be a good way to get fully immersed into the beauty and charm of the park.
- Bicycling: Cades Cove Loop Road is considered to be ideal for bicycling, especially when there is no traffic. Usually, from early May to late September, this 11-mile loop is closed to vehicles in the morning until 10 am for two days a week. This provides bicyclists with the freedom to explore the region without having to deal with traffic. Bicycling at the Cove Loop Road is a good way to check out the natural beauty, wildlife, and historic homesteads of the valley.
- Kayaking: Trying out kayaking on Fontana Lake would be an exciting experience for almost any traveler. They would be able to paddle on a clear, azure lake, right under the shadows of the mighty Smoky Mountains and check out the places that one can only reach by watercraft.
- Whitewater Rafting: For all adventure lovers, whitewater rafting will be the ideal activity for the summer. Usually, trips go out every day throughout the summers, allowing people to go on a fun-filled ride along the rapids of the river.
All the activities mentioned above would allow people to enjoy their days in the Smoky Mountains to the fullest. To make things simpler, it is always better to plan a trip with Capital Timeshare. The Great Smoky Mountains provides people with the chance to check out some of the best landscape in the country.